SEK International Institution was founded in 1982, as an educational organization having courses from kindergarden, primary and secondary, at the levels of higher education in their universities.
All SEK International Institutions are officially recognized in the countries where they are, with 20 schools located in Spain, Chile, Guatemala, Hungary, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, South Africa, England, Mexico and the U.S., as well as two universities located in Chile and Ecuador.
The aspiration is to provide cutting-edge education, favoring the tutorial system and the international approach, with special emphasis on the education of the students.
The SEK Educational Project defines the scope of the following concepts:
- An Educational Project has as a proposal to fulfill, in specific activities, the goal of the education, which is the full development of the human being, according to the desire of the United Nations and other international organizations, as outlined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and in the Declaration of the Rights of Children
- Education should provide the means for achieving maximum results for the learners, not just for their attributes that underlie it, but for their genetic heritage as a social role to be played. These attributes make each person unique and potentiality unrepeatable
- This educational project contains three elements carefully assembled:
- The definition of the character to be printed on the student in finding their own identity.
- The design or curriculum teaching process, which is the sequence of learning tasks that allow an adequate knowledge of the world and the self.
- The educational and functional characteristics of each center, which should form the cultural atmosphere that strengthens the integration of meanings, being these domains of learning or achievements for desirable behaviors.
- The SEK Educational Project is necessarily conditioned by a philosophical foundation: What is man and where it goes. For an interpretation of culture: what sense does personal growth and social development. And also, by accepting a teaching doctrine has intrinsic values education and has the technology to integrate these values in the pupil.
- The SEK Educational Project recognizes as fundamental freedom and creativity.